How Companies Can Encourage Innovation with Elvin Turner
October 21, 2022
The HR Gazette
Our guest today is Elvin Turner, Executive Innovation Coach at Elvin Turner and Associates Limited, a consultancy specializing in organizational and people innovation; intrapreneurship; innovation leadership and talent development; innovation culture change.
Elvin is also an MBA Associate Lecturer teaching Innovation & Entrepreneurship at the University of Surrey.
His experience extends from working with tech start-ups to coaching seasoned leadership teams inside conservative global institutions.
His latest book is Be Less Zombie: How Great Companies Create Dynamic Innovation, Fearless Leadership, and Passionate People, which was a finalist in the Business Book Awards 2021.
- You say in your book, Be Less Zombie: How Great Companies Create Dynamic Innovation, Fearless Leadership, and Passionate People, that innovation is an argument with the status quo. How does an organization go about making it a fair fight?
- Innovation tends to mean either products, technology or marketing for most people. Do you see great innovators applying innovation to any less obvious other areas?
- Is there one thing that an organization can change that makes the biggest difference to more innovation showing up?
- You’ve worked closely with a lot of CEOs and senior executives in your career. What distinguishes the ones who create the most innovative cultures around them?
- I know you have a particular soft spot for talent and L&D managers when it comes to creating a culture of innovation. What’s the story there?
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast and Iceni Media Inc.