HRchat Podcast - Interviews with HR, Talent and Tech Experts
How Your Brain's Wiring Impacts Ways You Work w/ Britt Andreatta, PhD, 7th Mind Inc
December 02, 2021
The HR Gazette
In this HRchat, we talk about that weird and wonderful organ, the human brain, and how our biology impacts the ways we work. Our guest this time is Britt Andreatta, PhD, author, speaker and Chief Executive Officer at 7th Mind, Inc.
Dr. Britt Andreatta is an internationally recognized thought leader who creates brain science-based solutions for today's challenges. She draws on her unique background in leadership, neuroscience, psychology, and education to unlock the best in people and organizations. She has over 25 years of experience consulting with executives from all types of organizations. Learn more at: www.BrittAndreatta.com.
A highly sought-after and engaging speaker, Britt delivered a TEDx talk called “How Your Past Hijacks Your Future” and she regularly speaks at corporate events and international conferences receiving rave reviews like “best speaker of the conference.”
She has served as the Chief Learning Officer for Lynda.com and Senior Learning Consultant for global leadership and talent development at LinkedIn.
- How have you embraced gratitude in your life to fight through adversity and tough times?
- Can you share some of the latest discoveries about the brain, and how to harness human biology to reduce resistance to change and change fatigue?
- You help talent professionals discover how to use neuroscience to unlock the potential of their people and organization. Can you talk to me about more discoveries about the brain and some ways to harness human biology to bring out the best in your talent?
- Follow up - you recently presented at SHRM21 on The Neuroscience of Teams, based on your book Wired To Connect. Tell me about the session and some of the lessons from the book shared in that talk. What do you like about speaking at SHRM?
- From your book Wired to Grow, you state "Technology has completely transformed learning—both what we know about the brain science of learning as well as how we design and deliver learning experiences. New tools have made learning not only faster, but also more effective and affordable." Can you share some best practices and next practices in learning and how that’s shaping talent development worldwide?
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast and Iceni Media Inc.